Discussion What's the best VPS for a cheap price.

a6swd

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
Hello, I've been looking at some VPS's including Hetzner, Contabo, OVH, I found that OVH, is like one of the most expensive out in this list, it's like really overpriced hetzner, I've been having trouble with it, but I think I'm gonna use it for VPS hosting I believe, all of these hosts are great, but some of the prices, are just really overpriced for me right now, contabo is the cheapest I found, but I heard it's getting some backlash on some stuff, etc like shit ddos protection, etc. But what's the best vps for a great price?

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
Also just thought I’d add,
Are you aware you aren’t able to deploy VMs within a VPS? Unless you use nested virtualisation (which isn’t recommended for performance reasons, also it can be tricky to get running)

If that’s what you plan to do, then I suggest looking for a Bare-Metal Dedicated Server.

a6swd

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
I'm looking into using pterodactyl on this VPS, and vultures pricing for 8 cores, oof.

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
I'm looking into using pterodactyl on this VPS, and vultures pricing for 8 cores, oof.
It’s because they are cloud based. Although since you intend to use it for game servers, then I’d avoid a virtual machine. I recommend using a Dedicated Server. You will get much better performance.

Check out these options:
https://www.soyoustart.com/us/game-servers/ (has really good anti-DDoS and great value for money)
https://www.ready2frag.com/dedicated.php (another solid provider, has great options if you’re looking for a high end server)

a6swd

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
Hey, do you know any other dedicated server providers? Since, soyoustart only offers 4 cores, which I need around 8 cores, and ready2frag oh man those CPU's are good I just don't have a lot of money to spend right now, so if you can find something cheap with 8 cores let me know, (dedicated server)

Fro

May 21, 2019
Credits
Hey, do you know any other dedicated server providers? Since, soyoustart only offers 4 cores, which I need around 8 cores, and ready2frag oh man those CPU's are good I just don't have a lot of money to spend right now, so if you can find something cheap with 8 cores let me know, (dedicated server)
Cores are not everything.
Do you want an old ass Dual E5-2665 server or do you want something better?

What CPU do you want?

a6swd

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
And, if you know any other vps's with like 6-8 cores with a good and cheap price, that will be fine too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

RiverlandAnarchy.com