Discussion What's the best VPS for a cheap price.

Rax

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
Hello, I've been looking at some VPS's including Hetzner, Contabo, OVH, I found that OVH, is like one of the most expensive out in this list, it's like really overpriced hetzner, I've been having trouble with it, but I think I'm gonna use it for VPS hosting I believe, all of these hosts are great, but some of the prices, are just really overpriced for me right now, contabo is the cheapest I found, but I heard it's getting some backlash on some stuff, etc like shit ddos protection, etc. But what's the best vps for a great price?

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
Also just thought I’d add,
Are you aware you aren’t able to deploy VMs within a VPS? Unless you use nested virtualisation (which isn’t recommended for performance reasons, also it can be tricky to get running)

If that’s what you plan to do, then I suggest looking for a Bare-Metal Dedicated Server.

Rax

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
I'm looking into using pterodactyl on this VPS, and vultures pricing for 8 cores, oof.

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
I'm looking into using pterodactyl on this VPS, and vultures pricing for 8 cores, oof.
It’s because they are cloud based. Although since you intend to use it for game servers, then I’d avoid a virtual machine. I recommend using a Dedicated Server. You will get much better performance.

Check out these options:
https://www.soyoustart.com/us/game-servers/ (has really good anti-DDoS and great value for money)
https://www.ready2frag.com/dedicated.php (another solid provider, has great options if you’re looking for a high end server)

Rax

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
Hey, do you know any other dedicated server providers? Since, soyoustart only offers 4 cores, which I need around 8 cores, and ready2frag oh man those CPU's are good I just don't have a lot of money to spend right now, so if you can find something cheap with 8 cores let me know, (dedicated server)

Fro

May 21, 2019
Credits
Hey, do you know any other dedicated server providers? Since, soyoustart only offers 4 cores, which I need around 8 cores, and ready2frag oh man those CPU's are good I just don't have a lot of money to spend right now, so if you can find something cheap with 8 cores let me know, (dedicated server)
Cores are not everything.
Do you want an old ass Dual E5-2665 server or do you want something better?

What CPU do you want?

Rax

Platinum
Titanium
Mar 10, 2020
Credits
And, if you know any other vps's with like 6-8 cores with a good and cheap price, that will be fine too.

Jennifer Thomas

Jul 9, 2020
Credits
Virtual Private Hosting is a powerful option to host your website efficiently. with VPS you have access to the whole server system. you can find out so many cheap VPS providers on the internet, but the thing is which VPS hosting is better.
So you should consider some factors to choose the best one for you.
- type of your website
- is the hosting support the website type
- what is your budget
- which location you want the server
- is the hosting company offer server on the location

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)