work.endeavor.pw
Credits

installs what
monthly what

what security

what servers
same i'm curious what they mean
Installs as in any type of software install
Monthly as in the monthly pricing if you'd like that option. You'd be hiring me to do whatever for a full month.
Security as in a security checkup.
Servers as in a full dedicated server/VPS setup

Daave

Banned
May 8, 2019
Credits
Monthly as in the monthly pricing if you'd like that option. You'd be hiring me to do whatever for a full month.
any software?

Josh

emultics.com
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Credits
That's crazy, how are people supposed to know that? You can't possibly have expertise in every single area of infrastructure administration so tell us what areas you have skills in, what things you'll "check up", what's included in the monthly plan, etc.

Endeavor

Platinum
Titanium
May 7, 2019
Calgary, Canada
work.endeavor.pw
Credits
That's crazy, how are people supposed to know that? You can't possibly have expertise in every single area of infrastructure administration so tell us what areas you have skills in, what things you'll "check up", what's included in the monthly plan, etc.
The monthly plan is actually just an affordable way to hire me long-tem. I can't charge $30/hour for 672 hours of a month, most of which won't be needed. Instead I offer a monthly price that people pay for the month and get me to do anything system admin related in their servers. It's basically per hour pricing but cheaper.

I'll check a multitude of things to be certain that the server doesn't have any unauthorized access of any sort.
So things like kubernetes, SMTP servers with dynamic user loading, docker swarm, LDAP servers and UTF support for SSH?

They are all doable via your service?
That's right. But as these are not requested as much in this market, I've only experienced them locally when testing or nuking my VPS's for fun.

Josh

emultics.com
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Credits
How old are you and what country do you live in? Just wondering if you're eligible for an actual contract.

Daave

Banned
May 8, 2019
Credits
He's not going to be able to if he's under 18, can he? And I need to know whether he's in a country I can send documents to.
What makes an 18year old sysadmin better than a 15year old sysadmin?

and unless sending "documents" works differently in other countries I don't think that matters either.

Josh

emultics.com
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Credits
What makes an 18year old sysadmin better than a 15year old sysadmin?

and unless sending "documents" works differently in other countries I don't think that matters either.
It's to do with legally binding contracts and whether the person is a minor or not. And of course country matters, I need to know costs for sending over company documents and equipment.

• Haha
Reactions: nobody

Endeavor

Platinum
Titanium
May 7, 2019
Calgary, Canada
work.endeavor.pw
Credits
How old are you and what country do you live in? Just wondering if you're eligible for an actual contract.
17, Canada.
Also, the word contractual is a bit... wrong in this case. I didn't mean it as a contract, I just couldn't find a better and shorter word for full-time. Full-time was too long to be in the title last I checked (on MCM, I copied this from my MCM directly)

Josh

emultics.com
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Credits
17, Canada.
Also, the word contractual is a bit... wrong in this case. I didn't mean it as a contract, I just couldn't find a better and shorter word for full-time. Full-time was too long to be in the title last I checked (on MCM, I copied this from my MCM directly)
Most full-time jobs will be contractual jobs, aha.

Endeavor

Platinum
Titanium
May 7, 2019
Calgary, Canada
work.endeavor.pw
Credits
The monthly plan is actually just an affordable way to hire me long-tem. I can't charge $30/hour for 672 hours of a month, most of which won't be needed. Instead I offer a monthly price that people pay for the month and get me to do anything system admin related in their servers. It's basically per hour pricing but cheaper.

I'll check a multitude of things to be certain that the server doesn't have any unauthorized access of any sort.

That's right. But as these are not requested as much in this market, I've only experienced them locally when testing or nuking my VPS's for fun.
Hello,

What do you do in Security?
I've answered that here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)