Discussion Contabo

Sillyre

May 14, 2019
sillyre.com
Credits
Don't buy with Contabo. Their support is shit, hardware that is barely running, oversold, mediocre support and their "ddos protection" literally completely blocks all data to your server for an hour/a day.

My best advice: Hetzner ( https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver ), the plans start at like 34€/mo and are completely reasonable, with contabo you're buying a VPS, where here you're getting a dedicated server with decent DDoS protection (i've had no issues with L3/L4 attacks, handled them perfectly), alternatively, OVH, they have the best protection but is a little pricier and the support is, well, shit.

The ~5-15€ you're saving from not going to Hetzner are really going to show in terms of performance, Contabo can't even run 1.15 / 1.14 / 1.13 minecraft servers because of the shitty 2ghz processors.

Seriously, just go Hetzner.

Reactions: intel

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
I have a question about the contabo server company, I want to set up a server for a game but I don't know what protection it has.

Is it worth buying one in cash?
Their anti-ddos is a meme, their VPSs are oversold to shit, and they run on very slow and old hardware. Not to mention their support takes days on end for a response. Just avoid them.

Benjamin5896

Nov 19, 2019
Credits
I have to disagree, I know I will be the minority opinion here but I have had no problems with Contabo. Their VPS L SSD has operated multiple Minecraft servers in my network (1.13.2) without any problems, it even handled CS:GO, LFD2 and HL2: DM. However, I cannot comment on their DDoS protection as I have never experienced an attack that I have noticed. But ultimately, it’s up to you.

Last edited:

Fro

May 21, 2019
Credits
I have to disagree, I know I will be the minority opinion here but I have had no problems with Contabo. Their VPS L SSD has operated multiple Minecraft servers in my network (1.13.2) without any problems, it even handled CS:GO, LFD2 and HL2:DM. However, I cannot comment on their DDoS protection as I have never experienced an attack that I have noticed. But ultimately, it’s up to you.
I've also never had any problems with Contabo other than their DDoS protection.
Support was nice enough to give me a voucher to remove the setup fee :)

I still wouldn't recommend it for anything more than a Minecraft server for your friends or Discord bot.

Reyn

Full-Stack Web Developer
Platinum
Titanium
May 6, 2019
Australia
danieljl.com
Credits
I have a question about the contabo server company, I want to set up a server for a game but I don't know what protection it has.

Is it worth buying one in cash?
Contabo is shit in every possible way. avoid avoid avoid
there is a reason they are such a meme

Go with Hetzner if you’re looking for a cheap server in Europe

Reactions: intel

Dean

Feb 13, 2020
Credits
Contabo is shit in every possible way. avoid avoid avoid
there is a reason they are such a meme

Go with Hetzner if you’re looking for a cheap server in Europe
Hetzner's ddos protection is ass though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)