Denied Add Off Topic channels to Discord

CrashOverride

Banned
May 15, 2019
Ireland
override.online
Credits
As the title says,

Off Topic channels should be added to the Revenact Discord, this makes it easier to have multiple conversations going at once.
Perhaps sub-categories in the discord for different topics would work as well, but at the moment there's a great need for a #off-topic channel as there's too much traffic in #general.

TommyTran732

ThienTran.io
Administrator
System Admin
May 6, 2019
Credits
I want to keep discord as simple as possible so I would have to deny this for now. Making too many channels will result in spreading the conversations too thin that make it hard for people to start a new conversation. #general itself doesn't have any "main" topics anyways so I do not see a need for an #off-topic channel.

CrashOverride

Banned
May 15, 2019
Ireland
override.online
Credits
I don't think that solves the original problem though, there is too much traffic in #general...
1 new channel isn't "too many channels" and isn't going to kill conversations, or make it hard to start new ones.
Off-topic was just a suggested name, it can be anything for all I care, the point being you can't have 2 conversations going at once in #general without derailing the other.

Two

Jan 19, 2019
Credits
There isn't much channels in the Discord server anyways. Maybe another channel after off topic might be big, but I think a off topic channel would be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)